Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Journal Question #4- Dragon Marrow Soup

There are abundant kinds of traditional snacks in Taiwan. Foreigners are always astonished that Taiwanese uses any kind or part of animals for the dishes such as chicken rumps or the blood of snake. Actually not every Taiwanese would like to try all of them, because some light repasts are indeed strange. I remembered that one time my friend invited me to eat the famous dish in Zhanghua which is located in the middle of Taiwan. The famous dish is called "Peitou Meatball" and the stand also sells the soup called "Dragon Marrow Soup". I was very curious about the soup which I didn't hear before, so I ordered both of them, the Peitou Meatball and the Dragon Marrow Soup. When the dishes were put on our desk, something in the soup looked white and soft. I asked the boss what the thing was, and he replied the soup was made by pig marrow. It was my first time to eat the soup and it tasted so-so. I knew that it was my last time to try and eat the Dragon Marrow Soup. As for the Peitou Meatball was delicious which contained mushrooms, meat, and garlic. If one day you come to Zhanghua, Taiwan, I'll suggest that you could eat the Peitou Meatball, but not the Dragon Marrow Soup.


(Fig 1. Peitou Meatball, Fig 2. Dragon Marrow Soup)

1 comment:

  1. What was the meat in the Peitou meatball? The other one even looks horrible...Pig Marrow...wow...

    ReplyDelete